Friday, April 28, 2006

gender specific insult

And so in a humorous way I called a girl an asshole. Its not like she didn't deserve it, she estimated my age as thirty and hence she is an asshole.

But even when I say those words, it feels wrong. Not guilt but a feeling that there is a more important issue at stake. And the issue is whether asshole is a masculine only insult or not? It just doesnt sound right for a girl. Its like calling a girl a jerk, the mantle (tiara?) doesn't fit well. Is it because there is the always applicable uber-insult such as the one-size-fits-all 'bitch'? Is it because 'bitch' is always appropriate that we are left unable to use other cuss words for women? Is bitch the little black dress of insults?

You can call a guy a bitch though. Its demeaning and a little too intimate. Bitch is like the opposite of asshole. Like black and white on the ying-yang twins symbol. So maybe calling a girl an asshole is like a friendly and respectful punch on the arm saying you're one of the guys. That makes sense because I am all about equality and respect for women. Yeah , the bitches and hos, I bet they like dat.

3 Comments:

Blogger zen said...

You called someone an asshole?

Ahhh... well done my son. I feel such pride.

One small step and all that. :)

2:07 PM  
Blogger Coroneus said...

Who is this girl? You must tell me.

Now!

11:48 AM  
Blogger zeminky said...

yo baby's mamma

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home