Friday, April 03, 2009

thoughts on becoming 30. Is there where I wanted to be?

as I approach a milestone decade, I take a moment to guage my life and what I've achieved. Ten years ago when  I was a young whippersnapper of twenty years I never cared about aging and what i'd do with my life. I was young and full of potential. As Tom Petty sings "the future was wide open". If the youthful me was able to sneak a peek into the future and see a day in my life now, what would he think? Would he be surprised? disappointed? What was today like for me? :

1. breakfast at home=honey nut cheerios with fat free milk
2. breakfast at work=quaker oats with sprinkling of sugar in the raw
3  snack=some number of raw macadamian nuts and honey roasted almonds
4. snack=organic washed and peeled baby carrots
5. lunch=chips and salsa and guacamole, tortilla chicken soup, wet ranchero burrito
6. Post lunch coffee=double espresso in milk with sugar
7. Work dessert=slice of blueberry pie, slice of apple pie
8. snack=some number of raw macadamian nuts and honey roasted almonds

and its just 5 PM. Friday night looms ahead of me...

One can say with certainty that the young me could never have imagined this would be his life 10 years on. And if he saw me now boy would his mind be blown! I mean wow, raw macadamian nuts AND honey roasted almonds???? Really, talk about being spoiled for choice. I just eat them in turns because they are so damn good. Which ones are better? In the end the honey roasted almonds win out even though the raw macadamians are a superior food. Some days the balance may shift the other way, who knows?. and thats always that abyss of unknown that I fearlessly plunge into. Coming up on 30 years and damn right,I still live my life the way I always have, on a razor's edge of danger and rock'n'roll.





1 Comments:

Blogger Rama Rama said...

On April 18th you will be shown the razor's edge of danger by a fellow fat boy. You will find turds in your pants.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home