Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A heartwarming incident

At the overheated Manu Chao concert there was an old geezer in the line in front of me. The first thing he expressed was satisfaction that he was no longer the last person in the line. Those are not pleasant sentiments for an old geezer. He then proceeded to express satisfaction in getting a ticket at the last minute and boy was he happy about it.

Near the final quarter to the entrance some sleazy spaniard types gave him two twenty dollar bills. They explained that the ticket they had sold him was fake and weren't being accepted at the entrance so they would give him his money back. He tried to mumble something but his voice was drowned out by the victory bells.

Hah! Take that you pink old man. Who's at the end of the line now you aged bufoon?! Once again my enemies were demoralised and weakened. This made my heart warm and consequently I was sweating throughout the concert.


If I tweaked this a bit maybe I could send it to the crappy soppy section of the nytimes called the  metropolitan diary

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/newyorkandregion/columns/metropolitandiary/index.html


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home