Friday, November 28, 2008

Further notes from the delhi wilderness

I draw closer to death and blessed oblivion. With what remains of my strength,  I must not fail to reach for another kaju barfi. Then i continue this journal to save yer souls lest ye be damned...

1. I noticed that there was spinach in my cuticles. Sarson ka sag to be specific.

2. I have some observations about stool samples. I will reserve judgement on that till a later time.

3. I have not seen any monkeys, elephants, or camels yet. most disappointing.

4. Delhi is one of those places that incites a furious internal dialogue/debate about whether to breathe through your nose or mouth. Sometimes there are such exotic aromas in the air that one cannot bear them in a gentlemanly fashion. However if you breath through your mouth, it makes one feel that one is somehow tasting and consuming the noxious scent. Perhaps the civilized way is to stop breathing altogether and perish unsullied and dignified. In India, there are no easy answers...

5. I kill some mosquitoes. They bite me. The vicious cycle continues. They arm themselves with malaria, dengue and west nile. I pray for the return of DDT.

6. Today was a dry day. You cannot get alcohol anywhere due to impending elections

7. One of our neighbors has a drum kit. In every annual visit home, I find no improvement in the drummers skills. Perhaps he practices only when I visit. The turd.

8. Yesterday I taught the servant boy how to lock the front door with a key. Yes it had to be taught. The quality of help these days is somewhat at a low.

9. This top ten list is provided to you at a 10% discount. Hurrah!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home