Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What is palpable?

This is the definition of palpable:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/palpable

So what is something that is palpable? Who really cares? I leave that quest to lesser mortals. I instead scoured the murky and dangerous w w w in search of those things that are in the past, historic and ancient. I seek for what WAS palpable. Why? Coz thats how I roll. yeeayh

So i did actually google the exact text string "was palpable" to see what kind of usage there existed on the net. After many pages of scrolling i got bored and here are my results.

These objects can be classified into a couple of broad categories

MEDICAL:
Seems like those fiendish dactar sahibs and madams have appropriated this word for their fiendish purposes. See what they've been feeling up:
enlarged cervical lymph node
testis
bladder
solitary lesion
femoral pulse
lesion
short saphenous vein
spleen
cardiac impulse
liver
tumor
fetal head

EMOTION:
Maybe its all those EMO turds out there who do this but all of these have been declared palpable:
emotion
hatred
excitement
sexual energy
fear in the air
tension
wonder on their faces
fear on her face
uncertainty
relief
despair
sense of dread
befuddlement
sense of determination
elation
grief
anticipation
arrogance
levity
anger
frustration
decency
attraction
thrill
enthusiasm
sheer vivacity
rapport
love

Awww the wuv between them was palpable awwww. Turds. its more like eey omg how gross, like.


STUFF
Yeah the good stuff. Well sort of:
stench of death and rotting flesh
thick night air
momentum
aridity
visual influcence
absence
body
surreal poverty and depression- I love it when this is palpable :)
change
air of mystery and suspense
Turd

I didn't find that last item in google and maybe my enemies will use that oversight against me. But just in case let me declare that probably sometime, somewhere a Turd was palpable. Hah! Now google will find it and its official.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home