Friday, September 22, 2006

misquotes

So according to wikquote:

I woke up this mornin' and I got myself a beer."
  • Correctly, according to the book "Light My Fire" by fellow Doors member Ray Manzarek, Jim Morrison was in fact singing "I woke up this mornin' and I got myself a beard", as the song allegedly tells of Morrison waking up after 3 weeks of drug induced sleep
They must have scurried to change the lyrics subsequent to the first time it was misheard and appreciated.

When i read the following, something inside me died.

  • "Damn it, Jim! I'm a doctor not a..." - Leonard McCoy
    • From the Star Trek science fiction television series. McCoy had several lines of this sort, except that he never said "damn it". Only one "swear word" was used on the original Star Trek series (prior to the movies) and it was "hell," uttered on only a couple of separate occasions.

Somehow, the world is a little greyer without the common usage of these quotes. I need a moment. Jame T. Kirk is god.


1 Comments:

Blogger Coroneus said...

Don't forget the most famous - "Elementary, my dear Watson". Holmes never said that to Watson in any book.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home