Monday, July 03, 2006

A new motto

It is rare that one undergoes a fundamental change in one's approach to life. It is especially unusual that I have had such a revelation in the twilight of my years. Perhaps I was fool not to recognize my own mortality even though I am elderly. In the past week I was struck by a severe illness and nearly died. Each day seemed like the last and when I recuperated I knew it was time to become a new person.

Like a sign from heaven, the Linux QOTD was something that seemed to be written for me. So here it is, a new motto for man born again:

"Do nothing unless you must, and when you must act -- hesitate."

I am lead to believe it is from Asimov's Foundation's Edge but I couldn't be bothered to confirm it. This will be my second favourite quote after

"Put your knickers on and make me a cup of tea!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home