Thursday, March 18, 2010

orignal sin

I gone done a bad thing yesterday...

As with all evil acts, this too happened in the men's bathroom at work.

I wandered in and went over to the urinal and was just about ready to do my stuff when I realized I wasn't alone.

Perched on the front (but inner) edge of the urinal was an itsy bitsy spider. Initially it looked like a piece of lint or a small ball of pubic hair but then it moved!

And then I peed on it.

It wasn't easy. First I had to deliberate whether to do it or not. I mean it is a living creature, but it was a sensor flushing urinal. Even if just walked away it would drown (maybe). So if its going drown (maybe) may as well piss on it. Really it had no business being there.anyway.

Secondly, I mentioned earlier that its on the inner rim of the front of the ceramic. That's a crazy awkward angle! And dangerous too. What if i haven't calibrated my aim correctly, the splashback would fall on my trouser legs. Or worse a urine soaked spider may have gone running around my clothes. If it bit me I would become Piddle Parker nyuk nyuk

Despite the moral and technical challenges I persevered and peed on the arachnid. And it was a glorious moment for homo sapiens superiority over nature. Tough little buggers those spiders. Despite floating in urine it wasn't dead when it got flushed down.

A couple of years back, and Zen may remember this, I tried to save a spider out of the goodness of my heart but inadvertently drowned it in cough syrup. OD'ing in codeine is probably a happier death then drowning in piss. These two spiders are metaphors for my own drowning in moral turpitude. How far have I fallen ....

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home