Thursday, December 08, 2005

What up, Da?

Kogi Kashewnut concentrated on his monitor while he typed furiously. His fingers pounded the keyboard and it took him a few minutes to realise his phone was ringing.

"What up da?" he yelled into the receiver typing with one hand now. It was the boss, a summons to the office.

Kogi swaggered into the the boss' office. "What up da?" he yelled again.

"Kogi, I don't think you're doing any work at all"

"But boss, ask anyone da. I am typing code like a mad maniac."

"I don't know you if you realise this, Kogi, but we monitor all keystrokes. We're getting nothing from your station."

Kogi was stunned, his devious plan was undone. Well his devious plan was to have a coder in India do all his work and with every keystroke on his keyboard, one letter or digit of the coder's work would appear on his monitor. Unfortunately, Kogi was too much of a kundi stoner to implement that plan. But now the game was up. He looked around for an exit, a scapegoat. Yes, a scapegoat was what he needed.

He put on his best confused expression.

'But Boss, the only thing that could mean is that some fool unplugged my keyboard!"

"Some fool unplugged your keyboard and I take it that you were concentrating too much to notice?"

The plan was working! "Yes da!"

"Did you unplug your own keyboard, Kogi?"

"yes Da! That's exactly it! I was too busy coding to notice that I was the fool unplugging my keyboard."

Kogi spun around on his heels and cooly walked out of the office and the building itself. He had done well, he rolled a joint and burnt his nose trying to light it. He took a drag and nodded to himself.

"You did well today Kogi old boy. The night is young and so am I. I think its time to head out to have some fun."

He jumped into the kundimobile and sped off towards Booty College.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home